Need help with MIRIA?

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Feel free to ask for support and technical informations about MIRIA.

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:53 PM

total noob question: can you use the multitouch ui with windows xp or does it run only under windows 7?

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM

Windows 7 supports Windows Touch implementation of multitouch technology.

Windows XP is able to support TUIO implementation of multitouch technology.

What is supported by MacOS X?

Does MIRIA work on MacOS X, is there any working example, is there a supported hardware for MacOS X?

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to get windows XP, reactivision TUIO simulator(version 1.4) and MIG(0.85 beta) to work in one of the examples : UIKitShowcase

http://win.generoso.info/MIRIA-Web/UIKitShowcaseTestPage.html

I can see on the MIG Monitor the inputs from the TUIO simulator, but there is no action in the example.

Some help please? Or a small example with source code that works?

Thanks

Paulo

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Edited Mar 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM
Download MIG 0.90 from http://miria.codeplex.com/releases/view/31223
Also ensure that Windows Firewall is not blocking MIG.
You can download MIRIA from svn for latest examples source code.

Gene.

pmbrito wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get windows XP, reactivision TUIO simulator(version 1.4) and MIG(0.85 beta) to work in one of the examples : UIKitShowcase

http://win.generoso.info/MIRIA-Web/UIKitShowcaseTestPage.html

I can see on the MIG Monitor the inputs from the TUIO simulator, but there is no action in the example.

Some help please? Or a small example with source code that works?

Thanks

Paulo

 

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:44 PM

So what's about MacOS X?

Has anyone tested MIRIA on MacOS X?

Don't be shy to share your experience, thank you.

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2010 at 5:14 PM
Hi,

MIRIA already works on MacOS X because it runs as a Silverlight 3 web application. It is MIG (the TUIO gateway) that it has still to be compiled for Linux and MacOSX.
About a year ago I compiled an older version of MIG for Linux and multitouch within firefox/moonlight was working fine.
What kind of multitouch device are you planning to use under MacOSx?

Gene.

Koichi wrote:

So what's about MacOS X?

Has anyone tested MIRIA on MacOS X?

Don't be shy to share your experience, thank you.

 

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Hi, Thks! Is working now.

Generoso wrote:
Download MIG 0.90 from http://miria.codeplex.com/releases/view/31223
Also ensure that Windows Firewall is not blocking MIG.
You can download MIRIA from svn for latest examples source code.

Gene.

pmbrito wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get windows XP, reactivision TUIO simulator(version 1.4) and MIG(0.85 beta) to work in one of the examples : UIKitShowcase

http://win.generoso.info/MIRIA-Web/UIKitShowcaseTestPage.html

I can see on the MIG Monitor the inputs from the TUIO simulator, but there is no action in the example.

Some help please? Or a small example with source code that works?

Thanks

Paulo

 

 

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Hi, I want to understand better the framework, I trying to adapt the Ball example to work with TUIO Simulator and with mouse interaction, like you have in the UIKitShowcaseTestPage.

What changes I have to do? Just replace :

using MIRIA.Devices.Wii; -> using MIRIA.Devices.MultiTouch;

Remote _wiimotelistener; -> TouchListener _wiimotelistener;

_wiimotelistener = new Remote(Main); -> _wiimotelistener = new TouchListener(Main);

....

the AccelerationUpdate??? and the listener ???

Do you plan to release the source code of UIKitShowcaseTestPage?

Thks

pmbrito


 

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Generoso wrote:
What kind of multitouch device are you planning to use under MacOSx?

The device supports TUIO protocol, it sends valid packets out.

The exact model is not estimated yet.

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 11:36 AM
Koichi wrote:
Generoso wrote:
What kind of multitouch device are you planning to use under MacOSx?

The device supports TUIO protocol, it sends valid packets out.

The exact model is not estimated yet.

I'll try to cross compile MIG for the MONO platform under Mac OSx and Linux soon.

Keep you up to date.

 

Gene.

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2010 at 11:50 AM
pmbrito wrote:

Hi, I want to understand better the framework, I trying to adapt the Ball example to work with TUIO Simulator and with mouse interaction, like you have in the UIKitShowcaseTestPage.

What changes I have to do? Just replace :

using MIRIA.Devices.Wii; -> using MIRIA.Devices.MultiTouch;

Remote _wiimotelistener; -> TouchListener _wiimotelistener;

_wiimotelistener = new Remote(Main); -> _wiimotelistener = new TouchListener(Main);

....

the AccelerationUpdate??? and the listener ???

Do you plan to release the source code of UIKitShowcaseTestPage?

Thks

pmbrito


 

You can get UIKitShowCase source from MIRIA release prior to 1.0.

http://miria.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/38531#

Few things are changed in the current MIRIA SDK since then, but you should be able to easily adapt the old code in order to run with the new release of MIRIA.

If you have any doubts about it look at the documentation draft or just ask.

 

Gene.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:32 AM

As said in this post http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewreply/49974/ , it looks like the touch events aren't working inside a childwindow (SL4). I tried to create a new TouchListener inside the childwindow using its layoutroot but no effects. Does someone got it to work properly ?

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:30 PM
guys, MIRIA core source code is going to be release very soon along with the requested patch. In a week or so... stay tuned =)

Moonshield2 wrote:

As said in this post http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewreply/49974/ , it looks like the touch events aren't working inside a childwindow (SL4). I tried to create a new TouchListener inside the childwindow using its layoutroot but no effects. Does someone got it to work properly ?

 

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Good news! Is it possible to have the fix until the new version comes out or the childwindow patch is too deep in the core ?
You did a great job on this library by the way, thanks a lot

Coordinator
Feb 4, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Moonshield2 wrote:

Good news! Is it possible to have the fix until the new version comes out or the childwindow patch is too deep in the core ?
You did a great job on this library by the way, thanks a lot

 

Here we are guys. Complete source code is now available both for download and svn.

I did not have time to fix the issue you reported yet but in the meantime I'll give you a tip =) check line 142 of the source file MIRIA-SDK\Devices\Multitouch\TouchListener.cs .

There may be the right place for the fix.

You may also be interesetd in my other project monoMIG.

 

G.

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to debug miria-sdk and I had some problems.

At first I have installed  Silverlight4_Tools.exe in order to add the reference “System.Windows.Interactivity.dll”,

then I need to add the reference  “System.Windows.Controls.dll” because there was this error: (Errore12 Il tipo o il nome dello spazio dei nomi 'WrapPanel' non esiste nello spazio dei nomi 'System.Windows.Controls'; probabilmente manca un riferimento a un assembly C:\Users\Lavoro\Desktop\miriasdk\Examples\MIRIAWeb\obj\Debug\Applications\FlickrGallery\Gallery.g.cs)

After then when I compile the solution, occurs this error:

errore imprevisto dell'attività "ValidateXaml". System.TypeLoadException: Impossibile caricare il tipo 'System.Windows.DependencyObjectCollection`1' dall'assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e'.

 

Any advices?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM
candidodavide wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to debug miria-sdk and I had some problems.

At first I have installed  Silverlight4_Tools.exe in order to add the reference “System.Windows.Interactivity.dll”,

then I need to add the reference  “System.Windows.Controls.dll” because there was this error: (Errore12 Il tipo o il nome dello spazio dei nomi 'WrapPanel' non esiste nello spazio dei nomi 'System.Windows.Controls'; probabilmente manca un riferimento a un assembly C:\Users\Lavoro\Desktop\miriasdk\Examples\MIRIAWeb\obj\Debug\Applications\FlickrGallery\Gallery.g.cs)

After then when I compile the solution, occurs this error:

errore imprevisto dell'attività "ValidateXaml". System.TypeLoadException: Impossibile caricare il tipo 'System.Windows.DependencyObjectCollection`1' dall'assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e'.

 

Any advices?

Try installing Silverlight Toolkit http://silverlight.codeplex.com/releases/view/43528  .

The next coming release of MIRIA SDK is free from all those dependencies. SL4 Tools will be the only requirement for compiling and debugging.

 

G: